The weather may be getting colder, but that doesn't mean the good times on the patio and in the pool need to come to an end. We've compiled a list of 10 ways you can keep your outdoor living space fun even during the fall and winter months:
1. Bring On the Heat Adding a heat source is one sure way to create an inviting outdoor space for yourselves and guests to enjoy. Choose from tabletop designs or full-sized patio heaters to add both warmth and ambiance to your pool and patio area. Perhaps you could even add a pool heater to keep your water nice and warm no matter the weather. We carry energy-efficient pool heaters that will provide unlimited fun without adding much to your energy bill.
2. Create Fire A heat source may make the area warm, but fire features are what will draw friends and family members outdoors. From simple pits and ornate firebowls to stately fireplaces, homeowners can pick and choose the features they want to create the atmosphere they desire.
3. Dress It Up Adding a bit of wintry décor is a great way to add some flair to your pool and patio area, even if you aren't outdoors. Choose a selection of staple winter items that continue to be in season even after the holidays come to an end, such as holiday wreath and fern tree, and place them around your pool and patio.
4. Light Up the Night Lighting is a must if you want to create a welcoming space outdoors. Strings of white LED lights are an economical way to add some extra twinkle to your backyard, though there are a number of other options including pathway lights, pot lights, and more. We can show you some amazing custom lighting options at our store.
5. Change Your Water Color Darkness comes sooner during the winter months, which can make the pool and spa appear rather dark and dreary. If you change out your standard bulbs with some bright and festive color LED lights, it'll be hard for friends and family to resist taking a dip.
6. Cover the Patio Not only are exposed patios during the winter subject to increased wear and tear, but covering the patio or creating an enclosure will create a warmer breeze-free spot for everyone to lounge and enjoy.
7. Make it Cozy Typical plastic patio chairs and loungers may suffice during the summer, but in the winter when it's already difficult to beckon others outdoors, it's all the more important that you add plush pillows, throws, or even completely replace the furniture on your patio and around the pool and spa.
8. Add Entertainment Some homeowners may choose to install a television outdoors, though, for those of us who haven't, you can create your very own projection screen and watch shows and movies outdoors and under the stars. All you need is a projector, a white shower curtain, a wood frame and a staple gun and you're set!
9. Create a Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate Bar If you already have an outdoor kitchen or grill, this will be simple to create. For those who don't, you can build your own and make it as basic (such as placing a hot plate with a kettle on a table outside) or complex as you wish to match your outdoor décor.
10. Throw a Party What's the point of a beautiful outdoor space if you don't show it off and entertain friends and family! Come by today to browse all the options we have to help you create a breathtaking, fun, or casual outdoor living area. We have it all – grills, outdoor furniture, hot tubs, and more that will make your backyard THE place to be this winter.